542 Lakeland hills, fells and mountains in under twelve months



PLEASE EMAIL ME AT 542in2016@gmail.com if you have any problems. You can also still use the comment form at the top of the right hand column to contact me or pledge support.

Tuesday 12 January 2016

The First Summit - Loughrigg Fell, Thursday 14 Jan

Loughrigg Fell
On Thursday I'll be heading to the Lake District for a long weekend climbing the first fells of the Challenge, and I'm going to start with Loughrigg Fell, partly because it was the very last fell of my 214 Wainwrights challenge a few years ago. I'll also be doing Holme Fell and Black Fell the same day before going on to spend the next three nights in the Langdale valley. The weather's looking cold (at last) and a little unpredictable but it shouldn't be too bad - I hope! It's good to know that over 270 good folk have already pledged financial support, but for the sake of Cancer Research UK it's a case of the more the better. The Langdale Valley is a terrible place for mobile signal so it may be Sunday before I can update everyone unless I can find wifi somewhere. If you'd like to join the walk on Thursday, either for Loughrigg Fell or the whole day, please leave a comment on this post or message me on Facebook and I'll let you have details including when and where.

No comments:

Post a Comment